Northern Railway is gearing up to tackle the up coming Holi & Summer Rush of 2015.
28 pairs of Holi / Summer Special Trains includes 6 premium special trains.
In order to clear the extra rush of passengers during Holi Festival & Summer Rush of 2015 Northern Railway has decided to 28 pairs of Holi Special trains (Marking 410 trips). For smooth functioning of all arrangements, the will be taken during the period. Norther Railway Press Release is reproduced below:
NORTHERN RAILWAY GEARS UP FOR “HOLI/SUMMER RUSH-2015”
Northern Railway is gearing up to tackle the up coming Holi & Summer Rush of 2015 rolling out its action plan to ensure smooth functioning of reservation counters, complaint free various passenger amenities and to check the malpractices in reservation offices. For smooth functioning of all arrangements, the following steps will be taken during the period:
- 28 pairs of Holi Special trains (marking 410 trips) as per requirement on the basis of trend of passenger rush during previous years have been planned. The Holi special trains planned this year includes 6 premium specials for Darbhanga, Barauni, Allahahabd, Mumbai & Gorakhpur, 2 Jansadharan between Delhi-Udhampur & Mumbai-Gorakhpur and 20 Mail/Express for Varanasi, Udhampur, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Darbhanga, Barauni, Malda Town, Kamakhya, Kota, Mumbai and other busy routes from 1.3.15 to 13.3.15.
- Railway staff shall be posted near windows outside the reservation counters at all locations of the reservation offices during the period of ‘HOLI/SUMMER 2015” and would counter-sign the requisition forms after ensuring complete filling of the form, especially the address before it is submitted to the reservation clerk.
- Senior railway officers shall be deputed to supervise all the reservation counters at all the locations, the staff nominated for countersigning the requisition slips and ensure availability of adequate requisition forms at all reservation offices.
- Availability of adequate requisition forms shall be ensured at all reservation offices.
- Trains enquiry system and announcement system will be monitored during festival period and PRS system updated on all train running position
- It is being ensured that all Booking and Enquiry counters are being manned during the peak hours
- Additional Counters for reservations would be opened at the locations wherever it is necessary for the convenience of passengers.
- Additional booking counters as per need will be opened.
- Team of Commercial/Vigilance Inspectors and RPF/Police staff would be deputed at reservation offices for keeping surveillance over the activities of touts and anti-social elements and detect various frauds including Travel on Transfer Tickets.
- Squads of Commercial and ticket checking staff/vigilance inspectors would be formed to organize special surprise check to curb the activities of anti-social elements and to organize special checks to detect various frauds like touts, transfer-of-ticket cases.
- Regular and frequent announcements about introduction of special trains, augmentation etc would be made for the information of users.
- Due publicity through press releases to both print and electronic media and loading on the Railway site would be done about the special trains , augmentation, additional stoppages the extra coaches for the public would be done well in advance for passengers to plan their journey.
- All efforts would be made to provide better and improved passenger amenities like cleanliness at stations and in trains, adequate drinking water, illuminated signages and clean and proper waiting halls etc.
- Ticket Checking staff manning the reservation coaches shall be more vigilant and conduct proper/thorough checking of prescribed ID proofs of passengers undertaking journey in reserved coaches.
- Sufficient number of Scouts & Guides and volunteers of Civil Defence will remain available in addition to the security personnel at the railway station. They will also manage the crowd of the passengers at the platform and foot-over -bridges.
- For the convenience of senior citizens, it will be ensured that adequate number of wheel chairs in workable condition is available.
- Drives will be launched to avoid complaints regarding overcharging by coolies.