- Southern Railways – Special Trains between various destinations
- 18 Special Trains between Lingampalli – Kakinada Town & Lingampalli – Visakhapatnam
- New Express Train between Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Terminus (Kolhapur) – Bidar
- Now, rail passengers to pay six-time penalty for carrying excess luggage
- How to book Indian Railways tickets on new IRCTC website
Southern Railway – The Salem Division of the Southern Railway will introduce more passenger trains between Coimbatore and Pollachi.
Southern Railway has planned to introduce ‘Anubhuti’ coach in Chennai Central – Coimbatore – Chennai Central sector as a Republic Day gift.
To clear extra rush of passengers, Southern Railways have decided to run special Trains between Chennai and Ernakulam Jn. & Chennai Egmore – Tirunelveli.
Western Rly has decided to run two additional Train services during midnight of 20th & 21st January,2018 between Virar&Churchgate for Mumbai Marathon 2018.
A jumbo block of 5 hours will be taken from 10.35 hrs to 15.35 hrs on Sunday, 21st January, 2018 on UP&DOWN Fast lines between Andheri&Borivali stations.
To clear the extra rush of passengers during summer season 2018 Central Riys have decided to run summer special trains between Pune-Santragachi&Pune- Hatia.
To clear the extra rush of passengers during Anganewadi Mela, Central Railway will run 6 special trains on special charges.
Central Railway will operate Mega Block on Main line and Harbour line for carrying out maintenance work on 21.01.2018(Sunday).
Railway passengers could be shelling out more for choosing lower berths&travels during festivals, if the recommendations approved by the Railway Board.
Changes In Pattern of Suburban Train Services – In Chennai – Chengalpattu Section on 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th & 25th January, 2018.