- Minister of Railways Flagged off / Inaugurated Various Train Services
- Two Jansadharan Special Trains between Secunderabad – Bhadrachalam Road
- Cancellation of Trains between H.S.Nanded – Ajni
- Twelve Summer Special Trains between Kochuveli – Guwahati
- Minister of Railways Flagged off / Inaugurated Various New Train Services
Railway safety fund
Train passengers may have to shell out more as Railways is mulling increasing fares in a bid to raise resources.
Suresh Prabhu has decided to seek Finance Ministry’s assistance for Rs 1 lakh crore as Special Railway Safety Fund (SRSF) and launch a Zero Accident Mission.